AVEVA Drug Delivery Systems is a global leader in transdermal drug delivery located in the US. The company has an extensive history of providing pharmaceutical partners with fully integrated, controlled-release transdermal products that fulfill unmet market needs or supply high-quality, affordable brand equivalents.
Capable of producing transdermal pharmaceutical products
By leveraging this experience, AVEVA offers a full range of research, development and manufacturing capabilities to produce transdermal pharmaceutical products that can improve the quality of life, usage and compliance rates for patients.
AVEVA uses a number of sophisticated technologies to produce proprietary and generic transdermal drug delivery systems that fortify R&D pipelines and enhance compounds by:
- Enhancing bioavailability via bypassing first pass metabolism
- Minimizing pharmaco-kinetic peaks and troughs
- Improving tolerability and dosing
- Increasing patient compliance
- Continous delivery
Commercial successes can be found in the following therapeutic categories:
- Smoking cessation
- Pain management
- Cardiovascular disease
- Central nervous system
Approved AVEVA products:
- Fentanyl Transdermal Patch (pain): approved in the US and Canada in 2008
- Clonidine Transdermal Patch (hypertension): approved in the US August 2009
- Clearback Nicotine Transdermal Patch (smoking cessation): approved in the US, Canada, Korea and Colombia
Customized transdermal drug delivery systems
AVEVA's deal configurations are designed for maximum flexibility in accordance with the needs of partners, and are as unique to each client as AVEVA's customized transdermal drug delivery systems:
- Challenge our scientists to perform feasibility studies for transdermal administration of your product using innovative techniques in computer modelling and cadaver skin permeation testing
- Collaborate with us on R&D for new chemical entities (NCE) and accretive lifecycle management (LCM) of portfolio compounds
- Capitalize on global opportunities for commercialization of approved products from Aveva Drug Delivery Systems
Overcoming formulation challenges with creative solutions
At AVEVA Drug Delivery Systems, we don't employ just one process in the development of transdermal drug delivery systems.
AVEVA creates individualized systems that are specifically designed for the chemical entity, rapidly and cost-effectively generating unique products to meet specialized needs.
AVEVA clearly recognizes and understands the need for leading-edge capabilities and innovative technologies in order to open up a growing pool of new pharmaceutical compounds for transdermal drug delivery.
Aveva Drug Delivery Systems
3250 Commerce Parkway
Miramar, Florida 33025
Tel: + 1-954-430-3340
Fax: + 1-954-430-3390
Robert J. Bloder
Vice President, Business Development